When the item comes to decorating your home, there are three options: you can buy fresh items, repurpose or DIY. Guess what might be my favourite? of which’s right! I always try to use things I can find at home first, if possible. Jars are one of those items, we all have along with we all use, simply because they are functional. They are great storage accessories, however usually they are plain along with most of the time kept hidden from the cabinets or basements. Yes, speaking about those few jars you are hiding there too!
Sometimes having a little bit of effort along with very low cost, we can make those handy accessories look great too, so I want to show you a very easy trick how you can customize plain jars, old metal cans or any additional containers you own. At the end of this particular project you will have a set of hot, design-items, you can’t wait to display on your shelves, I can guarantee you of which! Ready to make some improvements ? Let the fun begin!
You will need:
- old jars along with metal boxes (I have used a coffee box)
- wooden beads
- a piece of strong string
- spray paints in your preferred colors (I used white along with gold)
- nail along with hammer / drill
1. Before starting This particular project, wash well all the jars along with containers you want to transform, then wait for them to dry well.
2. Spray paint the lids having a golden paint along with the base of the cans with white paint – depending on the material your containers are made of, you might find the item difficult to cover the design with the first coat of white paint, so spray paint the item many times. The coffee can I used needed three coats of paint to become fully covered.
4. Using a nail along with hammer (or a drill if you prefer) make little holes from the containers leads.
5. Pass the bead through the string, then make a knot to keep the item in place.
6. At the end pass the string through the lid along with make a knot underneath to secure the item.
Ta da! At this particular point the fresh containers are ready to move to your shelves. How do you like this particular idea? Have you ever customized jars before?
You’re reading DIY Customized Storage Jars , originally posted on Agnizer.com. If you enjoyed this particular post, be sure to follow Agnizer on Twitter, Facebook along with Pinterest.
Tags: #Custom Container Modifications #DIY Dipped Kitchen Jars #DIY Storage for Every Room #Free Printable Storage Labels #Innovative Kitchen Organization #Jar Projects on Pinterest #Storage DIY Projects