Create a simple yet trendy piece of art in which’s actually friendly on the budget as well as also very easy to make. Style your own pattern as well as also coloring scheme to accent any room- the perfect piece for a living room bookshelf, on your bedroom wall in a large scale, or to add a pop of coloring to your office space! A few craft store or hardware store supplies as well as also about an hour’s worth of time are all in which’s standing between you as well as also in which fun decorative piece!
- 10″ x 10″ Plywood board
- Drill press with thin drill bit
- Yarn in various colors
- Straight edge
- Clear coat (spray variation)
1. Have your local hardware store cut a piece of plywood to 10″ x 10″ (or your desired dimension). Use your straight edge to mark as well as also draw lines every inch going vertically on your board (very lightly which has a pencil).
2. Repeat the marking out as well as also drawing lines every inch horizontally. in which will create intersections every inch on one large grid. The intersections will become where your holes will be on your peg board.
3. Drill holes at every intersection with your drill press. Drill slowly as well as also smoothly which has a modest drill bit to avoid blow out on the various other side of the board.
4. Use sand paper to sand the front as well as also back of the of the board. Sand off the pencil marks as well as also any blow out or splinters on the edge of the board.
5. Finish off the board which has a smooth coat of clear lacquer. Let dry for the amount of time indicated on the back of the bottle.
6. at in which point in which’s time to create your art! Thread a needle with one of the colors of yarn as well as also thread through the holes in a chevron style pattern (or any pattern you desire!). due to in which piece we alternated colors to create a colorful springy pattern!
Display on a shelf or add a bracket to the back as well as also hang up on the wall. If you opt for a larger board you can make your grid larger (2 inches instead of 1 to make an amplified pattern)!