What do you think of cork in interiors? Have you already got any items made of in which natural material? If you follow recent design trends, I’m sure you have noticed many products having cork elements (for example kitchenware or office containers), or being entirely made of the idea like stools, benches or tables. If fact everything what’s eco-friendly is actually trending these days, so I am not surprised in which the idea has became so well-liked. Extracted coming from the Mediterranean oak trees, the idea does look great, plus its warm hue as well as texture make the idea interesting as well as fun to experiment with.
Today I might like to show you, how you can make your own cork storage jar, similar to those you see from the shops. You can use the idea in your kitchen to hold utensils or workspace for organizing little elements or pens.
Have a look what you will need:
- an old jar / glass bottle / pot
- spray paint in your favorite coloring (The well-liked design jars usually come in pastel shades, hence I used soft pink coloring in my project)
- thick cork (at least 4-5cm thick). You can find cork in your local hardware store
- very sharp craft knife
Here are instructions to follow:
1. We will start off by cutting the cork lid for the jar. To get the right size, place the jar upside down on the cork area as well as draw a circle shape around the idea, having a pencil.
2. Cutting the lid is actually a bit tricky, as ideally your lid should be wider on one of the sides. in which will make sure the idea will not fall into the jar, when you close the idea.While cutting make sure to keep the knife at the 75 degrees angle to ensure the idea’s smaller on the different side.
3. When your cork lid is actually ready you can spray paint the vase. Clean the idea well as well as make sure to protect the area where you will be painting, so nothing else gets pink!
4. When the paint dries, place the cork inside the jar. in which’s the idea!
How do you like the look of in which cork jar? Are you going to make the idea for your home? I am thinking of creating more – in which time using glass as a base, I think the idea’s also going to look great too!
Have a great day!